Saturday, March 14, 2009

Point and Case


This blog entry is a little late, but I figured I would write it anyway. Listed below are prime examples of why this blog is titled appropriately. As i've name dropped 100 times before, we were at the Big East tournament throughout the week, and saw many many games. My rooting interest was not involved much, but every game I had a team that iIwanted to win. Rutgers was my team, but they faltered like usual.

First game of the tournament was Cincy/Depaul, I wanted Cincy to win, becuase I didnt find it fair that winless DePaul made the tournament, and had a shot to win. Cincy lost, giving Depaul its first win of the Big East season. Second game was Georgetown vs. St. Johns, and I wanted Georgetown to win, so St. Johns looks more and more like a joke in the NYC area. St. Johns won, pissing me off. So far at the tournament, I am 0-2. Bring on the night session. My team Rutgers started off the session taking on Notre Dame, Rutgers got smoked, and im 0-3. I didnt expect much from Rutgers but I wanted them to not play like typical Rutgers, which again, was out of the question. I cant go 0-4 can I? Indeed I can. USF got smoked by Seton Hall in the night session. What a terrible night. I suck at picking teams, but I wouldnt let this happen on Day 2.

Day 2 comes, and I am thinking, I should change up my strategy. I like Providence, but I wanted to see DePaul make a run in the tourney. I hate the Big East, and if DePaul could win, this tournament would lose credibility. Depaul has a second half lead on Providence, and I was excited cause I thought they can snap my streak. Providence takes the game over, and smokes them to finish them off. 0-5 at this point. Marquette vs. St. Johns, was the first game that went my way.. BOOYA. 1-5, and it felt good. With the feeling of euphoria taking over MSG, I was primed and ready to hit up the night session. I looked at is as 1-0, and undefeated. Like all good things, they must end. Enter Night Session number 2. West Va vs. Notre Dame. I hate both teams, but I decided to pull for Notre Dame as a lesser of 2 evils. Great choice, if I was going for 1-6. Game 2 pit Syracuse and Seton Hall. I absolutely loathe Eric Devendorf so I was pulling for Seton Hall, wrong again. Bringing my record to to a lofty 1-7. Who does that? Who has 8 games to watch, pick 8 diff. teams, and lose all but 1? ME.


EF YOU SPORTS

No comments:

Post a Comment