Wednesday, March 4, 2009

epic FAIL!!!


As the Fantastic Foursome (Mikey Fells, Scott, Jumpoff J, and myself) head down to Richmond tomorrow evening, we will not be traveling down with the Lions Den. To those of you who dont know who the Lions Den is, let me explain. The Lions Den is a group of rabid college students jumping up and down, and screaming at the top of their lungs for their home team THE Hofstra Pride. Now, some of you might ask "Brian, how come the Den isnt going down as well, havent they gone down in past years?". My answer is a simple Yes. If it wasnt for Hofstra taking us down to Richmond, how the hell would i have been so keen on the idea of going down this year?


In the past 4 years, we have gone down to the tourney 3 times. My 1 year hiatus was last year, and that was due to me being a graduate, and scrambling to find a place of employment. I found my job in early January(thank you, thank you), and I felt it might have been a little too early to take a day off for basketball. Ok, sorry, back to the point. Last year was also the first year we had a new Athletic Marketing director at the helm. We didnt even field a bus to go down. The previous year, we had 3 damn busses. I feel there is no need to mention his name, since he is worthless, and i would rather not give him recognition. Elect Me Athletic Marketing Director.. Cmon now.


This year, I have heard through the emails that he sends me, that the trip will cost 100 dollars a student, and they get 50 back if we lose round 1, Friday, vs. UNC-W. That basically says, that if we win Friday, students are paying 50 dollars a head to stay in a room with 3 others. Does that make sesnse? Are they staying at a hotel that cost 200$ a night? If so, Hofstra, please reconsider your athletic spending money. Seriously, great idea nameless asshole. Why not ask poor, jobless college students to pony up 100$ for a trip that has been free, or less then 40 dollars in all years past. Arent we in a recession? Arent things cheaper? Why is this so ass backwards?


So here's to you Hofstra Athletics. Way to shit the bed.


-Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment