Tuesday, March 24, 2009

1-2-3 Pride


Tuesdays in March are not an ideal day for sports usually. Today, was an awesome day. I got home from work, yadda yadda yadda, I turned on ESPN U and found the Hofstra vs. Army Lacrosse game on. For some of my fans out there, they might know of my previous blog, sportsmark.blogspot.com. It was for my sports marketing class back in Junior year. Yes I got the highest grade in the class, but that's expected. What I didnt know, was that I would still follow Hofstra Lax action.

The blog was about the Life and Times of a Mid Major. Hofstra is a Mid Major in every sense of the word, and I love when they do well. I wrote about how our prior coach John Danowski, was going to leave the Pride of Hofstra, and head down to Tobacco Road, and take the helm of the Duke Program. Jokes on him. I think.

Fast forward to tonight. Hofstra is ranked 8th in entire country, and have won many close games. Were on the road taking on a very tough Army team. Army beat us last year at James M. Shuart Stadium with 2 seconds left in regulation. I know that because they showed highlights of it 1,000,000 times tonight. That was last year. In this years contest Hofstra beat Army in double 0t, and it was an awesoem game. Just ask Jumpoff J, as we were talking about it for most of the 4th quarter, and the following OTs.
Now, I think lax is a weak sport, but I love Hofstra Athletics, and whenever they are playing, I am rooting for them. I could watch a Hofstra lax game and actually enjoy it though. Its very entertaining.

We will be at the Big City Classic, April 4th, at the Mecca. Giants Stadium. Hofstra will be beating Delaware that day, and then we can make fun of Eric more. Whose Eric you ask? Eric used to blog here, until most readers told him his shit wasnt funny. I have told him he is welcome back though, and we hope he returns one day.

***Note***

The picture on this post is for Nick Colleluori. He was a member of the Hofstra Pride lacrosse team, that had his life cut short due to Lymphoma. The site is below, and check it out. Buy something, donate, or just read up on it. http://www.headstrongfoundation.org/Default.aspx




-Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment