Wednesday, February 18, 2009

WHY SO SERIOUS?!


Ok, so down at Spring Training in Port St. Lucie, Mets shortstop Jose Reyes was asked a series of questions by reporters. Among the questions asked were the recent comments made by Phillies pitcher Cole Hamels, in which he called the Mets "choke artists."

My dude Reyes responds, "We don't worry about Philly. I don't know why they worry so much about the New York Mets. They can talk about whatever they want to, because we worry about us. They are the one to win the World Series, not us, and we don't say nothing about them. We just say congratulations to the Phillies. We focus on them when we play them, but they always seem like they're talking something about us, and I don't know why."

Even though they're the champs, the Phillies apparently have nothing better to do but jock us because they want and need our attention. They even stay hating on Reyes and his home run celebrations. Of course, Reyes dusts these sack riders off his shoulder and replied, "I heard that. I don't know why they say that, because I'm not the only one pimpin' when I hit a home run. A lot of people do that. People from Philadelphia, too. They stand for a couple of seconds at home plate and nobody say nothing. So like I said, I don't know why they're so focused on us. We just worry about us." Tell us why you're mad Philly!

And yeah, the Phillies are as classy as their city.

P.S. A couple of minutes ago, THE Hofstra University Men's basketball team won their fourth straight game @ the Macka in double OT. Brian just left Hempstead, and he'll drop you a folks a bomb sometime tonight or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment