Sunday, February 8, 2009

A-Roid



Brian reporting for duty sir:



So, Alexander Emanuel Rodriguez tests positive for steroids... BIG SHIT... Who cares who tests positive and who doesnt. I am convinced that most players take steroids, and their names have just not yet been leaked to the general public.

Here is my gripe. Why do people care if Alexander the Great takes steroids? I am a fan of the Yankees, and I know Alex tested positive for the juice in 2003, while a member of the mighty Texas Rangers (note: The Rangers will win the World Series, since I am a sports curse), but why should people even mind? If you are a fan of a team, wouldnt you want your players to do whatever it takes to get you that feeling of euphoria? I dont care A-Rod did 'roids. I want the entire team of Yankees to do them. I want championships. If the Kansas City Royals management invested more money in steroids and less money on players like Mark Teahan maybe they can be a powerhouse team? You're telling me the folks in Missouri would be upset if they won a World Series, only later to be told that players would be on steroids? They wouldnt care one bit. *Herman Edwards has been in Kansas City for the past 3 seasons, and news on winning there is good news.*

Listen, im not an advocate of steroids, but i dont care who takes them. I love sports, but more importantly, I love MY teams winning, no matter how its done. Has cheating become part of the game? Probably, but that doesnt bother me. If all people are doing it, then lets even the playing field. How about this rule: Like in the NFL they give out 4 Captains Patches, maybe MLB should allow 4 players a team to take steroids and then all teams will be created equal?

Ive always said this about my boy Jason Giambi: "I love how he took steroids, cause he put his body and well being on the line for the good of the fan"

That being said, Baseball season is right around the corner. Lets Go Yanks.

BTW: Dr. 24 THE Darrelle Revis had a siiiiiick pick in the Pro Bowl today.

No comments:

Post a Comment