Thursday, May 7, 2009

Karma is a BITCH!


If you've been following the blog for the past couple of month's you already know my stance on the steroids and performance enhancing drugs in sports. Unlike Bry-guy, I am a firm believer in keeping the game pure, without it's players tainting the game (a la A-Roids) with their cheat pills.

So today, my homeboy Manny Ramirez was suspended by Major League Baseball after testing positive for performance enhancing drugs. Now unlike Brian's boyfriend Gay-rod, Manny was "unaware" that the medication given to him by a physician was banned under the MLB's drug policy.

Yuuupp. All the shit I talked about A-roids before the season started all comes back to kick me in the nuts. Now I'm not changing my views after one incident. I am still a firm believer in keeping sports drug-free. But for this instance, Manny was just careless with the medication he had taken. I don't believe he purposely took it to make himself a better player. Dude is just so carefree and so down to earth. It's just Manny being Manny. If he was on the decline in his career, he wouldn't take anything to get better. He'll just shrug off, and have fun with the game until he retires.

But yeah, it's truly a sad day in baseball. 50 games without Manny?

When does Fantasy Football start?

-Jumpoff J

No comments:

Post a Comment