Friday, May 15, 2009

Back For More Punishment...

So anyone who read my Kentucky Derby posts knows that I didnt do so well. The beauty of the game is that it's only 2weeks later and tomorrow we have the 2nd leg of the recently elusive triple crown The Preakness Stakes.

Here is my analysis:

#1 Big Drama - A very good Colt, with a lot of front running speed, will probably be on the lead as they head for home, but I think the distance will be a bit too far for him and he will fade.

#2 Mine That Bird - Won the Derby in stunning fashion, but I think it was a matter of the others not being on their game and him running a once in a liftime race. I think you end up seeing him finish in the 3rd-6th range.

#3 Musket Man - Nobody has anything bad to say about this horse, he always runs a good race, but I dont think he's the best horse out there. It wouldnt suprise me if he won, but I'm leaving him out.

#4 Luv Gov - THROWOUT

#5 Fresian Fire - This was my Derby horse, and he had every excuse in the world to not win 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow's race will show us what he has. I backed him vs. 18 other horses, I might as well back him against 12 others. I'm using him in my picks.

#6 Terrain - Late runner who might pass a few tired horses to finish in the 3rd-6th range, but not good enough to win.

#7 Papa Clem - See Musket Man, always seems to run solid, and it wouldnt suprise me, but I'm not going to use him.

#8 General Quarters - I think he was a bit overrated coming into the Derby, and I dont think he has what it takes to win here.

#9 Pioneer of the Nile - Seems like the most likely horse to win this race. Probably would have won the Derby if it wasnt for a monster run by Mine that Bird. I will be using him.

#10 Flying Private - THROWOUT

#11 Take the Points - This is my longshot pick. He is a solid runner, and he is fresh since he didnt run in the Derby. He has the best jockey in the world on him (Edgar Prado), and I think he's primed to make a big run (His ML odds of 30-1 are great too). I'm using him.

#12 Tone it Down - THROWOUT

#13 Rachel Alexanra - She is the race favorite, but the reality is she's still only a filly against the boys. I'm going to try and beat her, it is VERY possible that she could be a "super horse" and win this race. Lets just hope that it's not at the expense of her career as it so often is when females run against the males.

Just made my Preakness bet: $10 Exacta Box #5,9,11 = $60 bet

Good luck to all.

And away we go......

No comments:

Post a Comment