Monday, May 4, 2009

Derby Results...

If you watched the Kentucky Derby this past Saturday like I did you probably realized at least 2 things. 1) My picks SUCKED, and 2) Anything can happen when you have 19 horses in a race. As Tom Durkin (the race caller on NBC) put it "an impossible result". Mine That Bird a 50-1 shot came almost literally flying down the strech and finished 6 3/4 lenghts ahead of the 2nd place finisher Pionieer of the Nile (who I didnt think had it in him to run well....wrong again!). Calvin Borel who is quickly becoming a fan favorite won his 2nd Kentucky Derby in 3 years (his other mount was Street Sense in 2007).

Moving onto the Preakness it will be interesting to see who decides to race, and who passes it in favor of the Belmont in June.

I will once again try and give you a few blogs leading up to Preakness, and hopefully this time my picks will fare a little better.

-Easy E

No comments:

Post a Comment