Thursday, May 14, 2009

Jeterian No More


As the Yankees season progresses, 1 thing stands out at me. Derek Jeter WAS a great player, now, he is an average player. I don't see him as a leadoff hitter anymore. I would love for Girardi to switch Damon to the 1 hole, and Cano up to 2. Jeter can bat 6 or 7. I feel every game we start out with a quick out, and than need Damon to do something (which he usually does). Last year Jeter didnt bat over .300, and he isnt this year. Tonight, he had a big hit, the game tying single, but these big hits are few and far between at this current time in his career. I know some people are going to say I am crazy, and I dont know anything about Baseball, but I really do. I watch most games, and I am just a realist. This isnt the Jeter of old. It would be amazing if it was, but its just not.

The bet is going well. The Yanks are 4-2 since the bet, and the return of A-Rod. Although Alex hasnt been producing on a consistant basis yet, his presence in the lineup alone makes people better. This team needed him back.

Tonights game was awesome. A hard fought Yankee win. CC was dealing, and the bottom of the lineup delivered again. This season is shaping up to be an exciting one.

12 more
-Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment