Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Its a Wrap

The Yankees are garbage. Until A-Rod comes back on Friday, I am writing this team off. They have no will to win, they show no emotion, and they just flat out suck. Another night, another loss for this team. I am not surprised. They got down 4-0 before stepping to the plate, and like most teams with no heart, the game was over, before it started.

Many people loved the fact that Clueless Joe got ejected last night, and soon after the Yanks went back to back. Whatever, they still lost. Many people like Clueless Joe was a former Yankee catcher. Whatever we are a .500 baseball team. I kinda hate Yankee fans who love ALL our ex players. Cmon, was Matt Nokes that great? Kevin Maas? As fans, we have to root for what is on the field now, not in years past. Jeter WAS great, he WAS "Jumpmannnnnnnn", he was Jeterian. Now he is Derek Jeter, a shortstop who bats leadoff for the Yanks. Bernie Williams WAS a great player, he wasnt when he was forced into early retirement. I actually love the fact the yanks didnt sign him to some outrageous old person contract (see Jorge Posada and Mariano Rivera new deals). People have to let the past go. The Yanks are an effin joke right now. We havent won since 2000. 9 years has past. I went to the game this past Saturday, and sat in front of people who knew absolutely nothing about the game, but Jeter is awesome, and when they showed Paulie O highlights the kid had multiple orgasms. Give it up. Its nice to see highlights of them, but present time, the Yanks are 13-13, and 0-5 vs. Boston.

Also, I hate people who bitch about ticket prices, who still talk about Bernie Williams, Paulie O, and The Real Derek Jeter. Those teams are in the past. If you are paying for tickets now, and still want to talk about those guys, please dont get offended when you see the fce value on your ticket higher than you expected it to be. Those teams were a dynasty. You have to pay to see teams like that, its worth the premium. If you are like me, and dont care about those teams anymore, cause at minimum, it was 9 years ago, than yes, you can have a gripe with ticket prices. Win now, and you can charge now. Otherwise, I aint paying for this crap. Who wants to pay 100 bucks face value for a second tier seat to watch your team lose 5-0? Not I. At the same time, I would never ever pay to see a baseball game in the new stadium just yet. Its just not worth it. I've been to a game, and it was fun, but its not the same. All you hear at the games is "oh dis ticket was so expensive" , or "yo Jeter is awwwesome". It doesnt get much better then chillin at home, and listening to Michael Kay and co. Especially when they are down 6-0. You can change the channel.

I think I needed this blog to vent some. I hated the Yanks going into it, and to be honest, I want to tell ya'll that I dont anymore, but I still do. Can I call them a team? Should I call them employees? I know what I should call them.... AN EMBARASSMENT. Wake the fuck up. Win a game. Chicks Dig The Longball is the old addage, right? How about playing above .500, and maybe a double. A double is a hit that gets you 2 bases, but, weird thing is.. YOU HAVE TO HUSTLE, AKA RUN HARD.

Yankees Suck (for now)
-Brian


PS. I will always root for the Yanks, but they blow hard right now

No comments:

Post a Comment