Monday, July 27, 2009

NFL: 09-10 Season: The Michael Vick Experience?

Early this afternoon, former Atlanta Falcons quarterback was "partially" reinstated to the NFL by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. Where he'll be playing is the next question.

Vick, who recently served an 18 month prison term for running and funding a dogfighting ring in his Newport News home will be able to participate in preseason workouts, practices and meetings and the final two games of the preseason. But he'll most likely have to serve a four-six game suspension and like I said early, will need a team to sign him first.

Honestly, I couldn't be happier with Vick's return. Arguably, the most exciting player to watch during his career, Vick basically had the NFL at the palm of his hands. Hundred Million dollar contract, and poster boy status for sporting giant Nike before his career took a drastic turn for the worse. I still believe that the suspension is a bit harsh. I mean, the dude going bankrupt, and spending almost two years in prison isn't enough punishment? Everyone deserves a second a chance. Kobe got one. Pacman Jones got one. Why should Michael be the exception?

What's driving me crazy is that PETA will have their on deck ready to act on the team that decides to take a chance on Vick. Do not get me wrong. What Vick did was absolutley disgusting. But PETA, and extremist agenda is a bit OD. They're going to make dudes life a living hell no matter what dude does and wherever he goes. So fuck off PETA.

So it's a toss up for who I want to make a successful come back. Michael Vick or Kimbo Slice. I'd be happy with either one, but I'm pulling for my dude Vick. I been rolling with dude his whole career and I'm not going to turn my back on him. SOMEONE SIGN THIS MAN!

-Jumpoff J

No comments:

Post a Comment