Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fandom


As football season approaches, I get all tingly inside. My Jets season tickets should be arriving in the mail anyday now, I received our group tickets for Jets vs. New Orleans in NoLa, for October today, and D-Day is now only 36 hours away. Its all coming full swing, and i'm ready to go yard.

I am thinking to myself, "Brian, why are you so fucking crazy about the Jets?". The answer is really unknown. I started going to games when I was really young with my Dad, Uncle, and Cousin, and I have never looked back. My first game was in 1993, and the Cowboys absolutely smoked the Jets, who knew that this would be the start of something so painful down the road. Now we are here, 16 years later, Jets have had 2 home playoff games, and have not made it to the super bowl.

I have literally cried every season with the Jets, whether its losing 3 straight games to end the season (Lions, Raiders, Ravens), Doug effin Brien missing 2 fucking field goals in Sixburgh, or a monumental collapse (aka "a mets") to end the season 1-4 after going 8-3, and being in first place. Remember when Wayne Chrebet fumbled in Chicago? It wasnt even in Chicago, it was Champaigne, Illinois. Way to go Wayne, jump up, and dont protect the football. GREAT MOVE. DICK. I am going to stop, I am getting way too emotional right now.

My friends and I go on road trips every year. Its sort of like the annual now. Mikey Fellz started it off with me in Baltimore a few years ago, we did up Tennessee last year (thanks for the football hollywood.. Rizpek), and this year, we killen' it in New Orleans. I have to think to myself though, are these really my friends? Who in their right mind lets their "friend" travel such great distances for a team that has no return? Are they my friends? No.. They are my GOOD FRIENDS.


I will always be a Jets fan, win, lose, or draw. Meeting the Feller's at Pizza Hut in the morning, hoping in the windstar, talking about how we are going to blow the game on this certain Sunday , Parking in Lot 16B, taking out the grill, cooking up some food, than walking over to meet the Klein's, its what I do. For 8 Sundays a year, I have a routine that doesnt change. Its in my blood. I have a slogan and and I will live by it. "You cant have the sweet, without the sour." Well, i've had plently of sour, the sweet is on its way. This season the Jets are going 16-0, and 3-0 in the post season. We win ugly, We win pretty, We just Win. I feel it this year. This is our year.
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
-Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment