Monday, July 27, 2009

Goodbye Meadowlands


So B Silv and I were talking about the Jets as always and the topic of the final year of the meadowlands came up. All of a sudden all the great memories ive had at the stadium came to mind. Ive seen some of the greatest player who have ever played the game. Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Warren Moon, Emmitt Smith, Bruce Smith, Dan Marino, John Elway, Steve Young, Eric Dickerson, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brett Favre, Barry Sanders….the list goes on and on. Since the Jets were so bad when I was growing up I got so excited to see these players live.

As I go older I appreciated the games more and more and have some amazing moments and games stick out in mind. Here in no particular order are some of the greatest games I witnessed in the stadium.

1) Dan Marino’s infamous fake spike

2) Vinny Testeverde’s phantom touchdown vs. Seattle…..this was the loudest Ive ever heard the stadium…it was literally shaking

3) 1998 playoff victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars

4) Jets beat the Packers as they get into the playoffs as the Dolphins beat the Patriots in overtime in 2002….crazy atmosphere

5) one week after the jets destroy the Packers to make the playoffs they dominate Peyton Manning and the Colts 41-0

6) 6-3 loss to the Indianapolis Colts back in 1992….the first bad weather game that I can remember

I know that’s not many games but then again the Jets have had some pretty horrible season including a 3-13 season and the famous 1-15 year which the one win came on the road. Shout out to my boy Adrian Murrell who gained over 1,000 yards that 1-15 season and I think is only one of two players to achieve that.

As the final season in the Meadowlands is about to begin, Im looking forward to more great moments.


-Mikey Fellz

No comments:

Post a Comment