Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Looks Can Be Deceiving...


As I look back on my wonderful college years, I think about all the fun basketball games I went to. There was a time where Hofstra Basketball was one of the top 40 in the country. They had beaten George Mason twice in 11 days. That year, Mason went on to the Final 4, ousting, Michigan State, North Carolina, Wichita State, and UConn.. Heard of em?

That Hofstra team had character. Loren Stokes, Antoine Agudio, Carlos Rivera, and Adrian Uter were all fan favorites. At little ol' Hofstra University on Lawn Guyland harbored a team that was loved by the masses. These guys walked on campus with a certain swagger to them, people knew who they were, what they did, and how many points they scored last night. The sad part about this story is thats where it ends. Hofstra got snubbed, and our favorite players were going, going, goneee.. I will miss you guys.

Here is the funny part....

Across Hempstead Turnpike, we had crappy James M. Shuart Stadium. This stadium housed a mediocre at best football team that no one, and I mean no one cared about. We went to the games drunk, got free t-shirts, and left by halftime. This team had no character, and I couldnt name 20 people on the team. I still cant, but I can tell ya 2 of em. Marques Colston, aka King Colston, and Super Bowl starting offensive lineman Willie Colon. Willie appeared at the ESPY's last night, and Colston has been doing his thang for the past 3 years in NoLa. Good for you guys, sorry I missed ya at school.

I find it wierd how awesome it was going to basketball games and knowing every player, as opposed to going to football games and not knowing anyone, nor our record. Fast forward, Hofstra football really outshined Hofstra basketball in the spotlight, and I am happy to root for these guys, cept Marques in week 4.

With Pride,
-Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment