Sunday, July 12, 2009

But I know in time we’ll find this was no surprise…


What’s up guys, it’s Joe back again, following up on the UFC 100 fight which occurred last night. And all I can say is, ehhh. Honestly I liked the cards, but a lot of the fights I expected a little more out of these fights. Although I have to say, if you refer to my blog last week, and my predictions. Not to toot my own horn a-la Brian or anything, but I was 3 for 3 with winners, 2 for 3 in absolute results, my only miscue I couldn’t be happier about, Dan Henderson absolutely KO’ed Michael “Down for the Count” Bisping with a great overhand right hand in the 2nd round, not the 3rd. Ok, so sue me.

The fights overall were good, I expected a little more out of the GSP fight, Thiago “The Pitbull” Alves fought more like a Maltese than a Pitbull. There was no fighting back whatsoever by Alves. I really thought this could have been a knock down drag out. But GSP controlled the fight, wrestling Alves down to the ground at will, taking him down, scoring points, avoiding damage. It was the perfect fight for GSP to dominate.

The other main event of the evening was Brock Lesnar against Frank Mir. I gotta say, I expected more out of Lesnar. I know Lesnar’s a dominant opponent, and a great mixed martial artist, he’s a great striker and wrestler, and will only get better. But what a jerkoff. Is he kidding me with what he did after the fight? He’s not in the wwe anymore, and he really needs to realize it. He pissed off sponsors, he snuffed Mir with a classless gesture where he didn’t even touch gloves, he taunted Mir after the fight. It really was a disgusting display. Then show him slobbering into the camera and he’s really batting 1.000. You won, get over it, shake the other guys hand like every other fighter in UFC, and get on with your life. And by the way, congratulations, you’re 1 and 1 against him. .500, about the same level as the Mets on a good week. I only hope to God that Mir finds a way to kick your ass.

Overall analysis, my predictions were pretty good, and the whole event was pretty Epic. Glad to see UFC take off like this, and I only hope either Frank Mir, or any new Heavyweight can take out Brock Lesnar.

A 101 blog to come soon…

-Jumpman Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment