Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fandom #2

It's always nice to have a celebrity blogger every now and than. This blogger is a dear friend of mine. He doesnt really like the other 2, so he wanted me to post it up. A man that really needs no introduction, a man that I have been going to Jets games with since college, a man that I tailgate with, and travel with to Jets games all the time, a man that bleeds the same green I do.
.
.
.
.
Mikey Fellz

It is almost that time of year again…..FOOTBALL SEASON. Something inside me just turns on at this time of the year. I look forward to ESPN showing every team’s season highlights from the previous season (and on a little side note, after watching those you feel like every team went 16-0. I don’t know how they do it). Training camps are about to start. The Hall of Fame game, which is the official sign for me that football season has begun is about to be played. I start looking forward to watching college football on Saturdays. To me, college football is a warm up to the greatest day of the week…..SUNDAY. I want the weather to start changing, the leaves to start falling. Every time I walk by a barbeque the first thing that comes to mind is tailgating in Lot 16 B.

This excitement that I have is for football, but more for my favorite team. The team I bleed for…the NEW YORK JETS. My first game was way back in 1989 vs. the New England Patriots. For those that don’t remember the quarterback matchup that day was Ken O’Brien vs. Tony Eason. I was five years old. This season will mark my 20th season going to Jets games. Just like that sunny Sunday afternoon in 1989, the Jets first home game is against those same New England Patriots. And like every year, I am dreaming for a Super Bowl win. I also know that no matter what the team’s record is, I will be watching and cheering like every game is the Super Bowl. Sound Crazy? Maybe. But we Jets fans have to be. Just ask Bri guy and Easy E. But that’s ok. We pour our hearts into this team because that’s the only way you can feel the true reward of your team winning as a fan. Ask any of us and we will tell you the Jets are winning the Super Bowl. You can WriteThatDown!!!

So as the Jets start their 2009 run to a Super Bowl title. All I have to say is……

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mikey Fellz

No comments:

Post a Comment