Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Mayne Event Baby


This Thursday marks the 2009 NBA draft. Not that I care at all about the NBA, but its an exciting time for me. Its rare that I get excited about the NBA, but this is one of the few times I will be claiming a player. Eric Maynor is MINE. SHOT HIM. John, nice try, but you're late.

Maynor aka The Mayne Event was a big player for VCU, and led them the NCAA tourney twice. Yes, he led the team to the tourney, but he wasnt leading a team like Monmouth, or Cornell, he led VCU to a win over Duke, and a heartbreaking cloooooose loss to Pitt in the next round. Two years later, he almost upset UCLA, but the shot fell short.

I claimed JJ Redick, Chris "Birdman" Anderson, and Lebron James. I will now have a 4th player on my list. Eric Maynor. Whatever team is lucky enough to snag him up, that will be a team i root for.

Also of note, I cant wait to see who the New York Knickerbockers draft. I am hoping its Brandon Jennings from Europe. Jennings bitched out on Arizona, and went oversees for a year so he can bank some cash. I hope this kid sucks, as I am sure he will. I wouldnt be surprised if the Knicks mess their draft up and get someone out of left field.
I wont give a mock draft, as I loathe the NBA, and have no idea what teams needs are, but I am sure that Blake Griffin will go first to the Clippers. Ricky Rubio will be a player to watch, as no one really knows where he will land. A friend of mine is picking Jrue Holliday to the Bucks, we shall see if that comes to fruition.
Regardless of what happens, Maynor will be drafted, and prosper in the NBA. I hope.

-Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment