Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Do Work Son!


Well folks, I thought about not posting anything MMA related after my boy Sugar Rashad was fucking manhandled and mauled by Lyoto Machida. But I wasn't able to resist when I heard my homeboy Kimbo Slice was going to grace the Octogon once again. Well, not exactly.

Dana White, president of the UFC announced that Kimbo will be a contestant on next season's hit reality show"The Ultimate Fighter" on Spike TV.. Now if you weren't aware, when Kimbo first jumped into the MMA scene, Dana was talking a lot of shit, and highly critical in regards to Kimbo's new endeavor. But Dana is in the business of making money. The public wants to see Kimbo. (Or at least the Trio does) And believe me, I can see dude definitely bringing in viewers.

Now a lot of people are critical with this move, saying that Kimbo would get destroyed by "real" MMA fighters, and lacks the skill set to thrive in the UFC. Yes, maybe that's true. Maybe dude will get destroyed in the UFC. Maybe he won't even make the house. But how would we ever know if he isn't given a shot? If he does make it, good for him. If he doesn't, what does he have to lose? What does the UFC lose?

Either way, I think he should be given a chance. Some people fiend off the doubt of others, and push themselves to work that much more to make it to the top. Not saying that he's one of them. But I'm not doubting him either.

I guess we'll just wait and see. Until next time haters.

Holla at ya boy.

-Jumpoff J

No comments:

Post a Comment