Monday, August 17, 2009

Preseason Football

What's the use? I went to the Jets game Friday night, I was effin excited, and I had a great time. Looking back though, what was it all for? Yea I copped a bonedog for the Sanchez_2_ClowneY 48 yard bomb, but what if someone got hurt? Its not unlikely.

Chad Pennington, Osi Umenyioura, Mike Vick, and countless others went down for weeks on end due to the preseason. It's up to the team who is going to play, how long they will play for, and what type of plays will be run while they are in, but you never know. When a star player gets injured in a preseason game, immediately there is a fire storm. People are asking "Why this?" "Why that?", and to be honest, I feel bad for coaches that have to answer those.

Another topic on the preseason that irks me is, the payment for these games. How come season ticket holders are forced to ,pay for these effin games? I am a Jets season holder (yea I know that it;s awesome) and am forced to pay face value of 75 bones to see Money Mark Sanchez for 4 passes, and 1 drive in total? Cmon, gimme a break. 75 bucks a game x2 is 150, plus parking which is 20 bucks a game to see a junky product. Darrelle Revis, Nick Mangold, Tony Richardson, Kris Jenkins, Damien Woody, and Alan Faneca did not even dress for this game. If I am seeing a minor league product, shouldnt I pay for one? Thanks Woody Johnson, you fuckin POS.

I think Big Rog should either implement a shorter preseason in the future, or make purchasing these games optional, or much less in price. All this will have to be done after he is done sucking Billy Belicheat off though.

What a rant, I hate the Patriots.
-Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment