Monday, August 10, 2009

$ELL OUT! vol. "Instant Buckets"


Well aside from Football finally kicking off last night, this past week hasn't been the greatest for me when it comes to the world of sports. First off, we all know about my damn injury depleted Mets... On top of that, the Yanks completed their sweep of the Sox last night. But the cherry on the top of my shitty sports week occurred this morning when I saw that my boy, "Mr. Instant Offense" Von Wafer, had signed a 2-year $5.5 million dollar contract to play with Greek powerhouse Olympiakos.

Von Wafer was my dude last year. Like my dude J.R. Smith, he made explosive plays out of basically nothing. Really the only reason why I cheered for the Rockets in the first place. But now, he's sold out the NBA to play in the less superior Euroleague. I mean, the Euro League is basically like the CFL. Or the D-League. Busch League.... All for that $$$$.

It's not he's seeing Josh Childress money by jumping over there. The competition over there is far less superior. Thriving over there (if he does) is like me dropping a c-note in a pee-wee b-ball league.

It's whatever, dude had to do what he needed to get paid. I'd like to see my him back in the NBA after it's all said and done. But until then, I'm seriously considering NOT getting a Von Hawk for Trios trip to New Orleans. If you got a problem with that, blame VON WAFER.

-Jumpoff J

No comments:

Post a Comment